Wednesday, June 27, 2012

National Theatre Live Season

I know I keep going on and on about this, but National Theatre Live keeps getting better and better!

They have announced the next line-up of screenings which includes encores of the excellent Frankenstein and One Man, Two Guvnors. I am proud to say I have now seen both versions of Frankenstein and they were both excellent. Miller and Cumberbatch prove beyond a doubt that you can be fantastic as protagonist and antagonist.

Anyway, what I'm really excited about is that one of the screenings in the new line-up is a production of Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Haddon's novel, about a boy with Asperger's who tries to solve the murder of his neighbour's dog, was a critical and popular success. How writer Simon Stephens will adapt it for the stage, and who will play the main character, will be worth seeing, I'm sure. Stay tuned for further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment